More About Us

kids.jpeg

Mission


We at St. Brigid School, in collaboration with each family, strive to educate and develop the whole child for our culturally diverse society by nurturing each student's spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development. We integrate the principles of the Catholic faith in all our endeavors to develop inquisitive, collaborative, and tenacious learners of the 21st century.

 

School Philosophy
The Saint Brigid School community, in partnership with parents as the primary educators of their children, assists in sharing the Gospel message with their children and nurtures diverse believers gathered in the name of Jesus.


Saint Brigid School provides an excellent academic education that promotes the growth of the whole child. Our students are prepared to live fulfilled lives, actively contributing to the Christian community in our global society.

Philosophy

The Saint Brigid School community, in partnership with parents as the primary educators of their children, assists in sharing the Gospel message with their children and nurtures diverse believers gathered in the name of Jesus.


Saint Brigid School provides an excellent academic education that promotes the growth of the whole child. Our students are prepared to live fulfilled lives, actively contributing to the Christian community in our global society.

church.jpeg
history.png
history.png

Saint Brigid History

Saint Brigid School was founded under the direction of Rev. Peter A. Birmingham in 1888, staffed by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The present school building was erected in 1928, under the guidance of Rev. Msgr. James Cantwell, and the building was renovated when Rev. Msgr. James O’Connor became pastor of Saint Brigid Church.  Further renovations to the auditorium and cafeteria were made while the Most Rev. William J. McDonald was pastor of Saint Brigid Church.
 
In 1970, the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary were replaced by the Sisters of Mercy of Dublin, Ireland.  When Rev. Msgr. Robert Hayburn became pastor of Saint Brigid Church in 1979, many of the school facilities were remodeled under his direction, namely the library and computer laboratory. Furthermore, an extension program was introduced to accommodate the needs of our working parents.  The Sisters of Mercy withdrew from the school at the end of the 1982-83 school year. Since 1982, the Sisters of the Immaculate Conception, whose Mother House is in Madrid, Spain, have been in charge of the school. Like their predecessors, they continue the challenging work of values-oriented education.

Since the closing of the church in 1994, the school has become an Archdiocesan School. The priests of Saint Mary’s Cathedral serve Saint Brigid School’s spiritual needs and are an integral part of the Saint Brigid School Community. Saint Brigid School continues to be maintained in the excellent tradition of its long history. Throughout the years, Saint Brigid School has been served by many dedicated lay teachers and staff who have made outstanding contributions to our school. All of us -- priests, administrators, teachers, staff, parents, and students - work together to maintain the legacy of an excellent Catholic education.

Sisters of the Immaculate Conception

The Sisters of the Immaculate Conception bless Saint Brigid School with their dedication to educating children.  They are a Catholic Religious Order founded by Saint Carmen Sallés, in Burgos, Spain, in 1892.
 

Mission

We, the Sisters of the Immaculate Conception, are a religious congregation of women called by God to live the Gospel in the world within the Church. In fidelity to the charism the Holy Spirit inspired to our Mother Foundress, Carmen Sallés, we live up our mission in a context of vowed life, strengthened by our prayer, community life, and apostolic service.

To learn more about the Sisters of the Immaculate Conception visit their website:  Sisters of the Immaculate Conception(New)

sisters7.png