What is the role of the Elementary Counselor?
* Meets with children individually
* Works with children in small groups
* Conducts classroom guidance lessons as needed
* Works with parents
* Works with teachers
* Acts as a liaison with outside agencies
Where do the students see the Counselor?
* In the classroom
* In the Counselor's office
* In the hall
* On the playground
Who does the Counselor help?
The Counselor helps parents to help their children...
* recognize their strengths and weaknesses.
* build self-confidence and self-esteem.
* learn decision-making and problem solving skills.
* establish healthy relationships with others.
* learn self-respect and dignity.
* deal with concerns, feelings and personal goals.