BOOK REVIEW FORM
A. Answer the following about the assigned book in the following format: 1. Title: (Underline or italicize the title of all books)
3. Number of pages:
4. Setting: Describe two settings in the book. Include at least five descriptive details for each setting. Describe each setting in a short paragraph.
5. Major character: In a paragraph, describe the “hero” or main character of the book. What does he/she look like? What kind of “person” is he/she? What is the most important lesson that the character learns in the course of the book?
6. Characters: In a paragraph, describe at least two of the minor characters in your book and give at least three characteristics for each that describe their personalities.
7. Conflict: Name and explain the main conflict. What specifically is the main problem? 8. Resolution: How is the main conflict resolved? Give a brief explanation in a short
9. Plot. In at least two paragraphs, describe the plot of the book, with special attention to
important events. You may include exposition, rising action, climax, falling action.
10. Theme: Choose and explain one important main idea from the book. What did the author intend for the reader to learn?
11. Vocabulary: Find and define 10 vocabulary words in the novel.
a. Include a cover page: illustration, title of book, name, date, subject b. Refe to the handout on formating.
1. 12-14 font
2. Geneva, palantino, ariel, times
3. 1-1/2 margins
4. paragraph: consists of at least 7-11 sentences